In a few weeks, we will be rolling out an enhanced version of our checkout process, introducing exciting new features, including the option to create coupons directly within the MemberUp platform. In the meantime, you can create coupons in Stripe by following the steps below:
1. Log in to your Stripe account and click on "Products."
2. Navigate to "Coupons."
3. Click on "Create a coupon" or "New" at the top-right corner of the window.
4. In the "Name" field, type the name of the coupon.
4. You can create your own coupon ID, such as "1MONTHFREE," but we recommend leaving it blank so Stripe can generate a unique one for you.
5. Under "Type," select "Percentage" if you want to offer a percentage-based discount. If it's a fixed amount, choose "Fixed amount discount" and enter the desired amount.
6. You can choose to apply the coupon to select products by toggling the option on. Otherwise, leave it off.
7. For "Duration," you can set it to "Once only," "Multiple months," or "Forever."
8. You can also set rules to limit when and how many times the coupons can be redeemed.
9. After completing the details, click on "Create coupon" at the bottom-right corner of the page.
It's important to provide your members with the coupon ID, NOT the coupon name. If you need further clarification, you can also contact Stripe support.